What is the Composition of PVDF coating on aluminium?
- Aug 27, 2018 -

To meet the industry's highest performance standards for building metal products, 70% PVDF resin based coatings are recommended. The remaining 30% of the binder is made up of acrylic esters. Pigments, solvents and additives are also included in the formulation of liquid products. For PVDF powder coatings, solvents are omitted.

图片1.png 

 

1. Resins (Binder)

Paints are usually named in resin type or mixture, such as 70% PVDF and 30% acrylic blends. For non-PVDF coatings, the name of the common resin is epoxy resin, polyester and polyurethane.

The resin glues the coating together with the substrate. They determine the properties of many coatings, including weatherability, physical properties, chemical resistance, fading, chalk and gloss retention. With 70% PVDF coating, the resin usually leads to medium-to lowgloss finish. Ultraviolet (UV) exposure or hydrolysis degradation of the resin system results in the powder-a visible white, powdery substance.

As the resin system decreases, the surface of the coating becomes coarse because the pigment particles in the film are exposed. The PVDF resin system is combined with acrylic acid to provide a higher hardness and adhesion quality for the whole coating system. Acrylic must be carefully selected to match PVDF and high quality UV resistors.

As a binder, the formation of paint film is the main ingredient determining the durability of the coating, its appearance and properties.

图片2.png

The 2 and 3 will be continued...



    Contact Us
  • +86-23-67025810
  • info@mirachcoatedal.com
  • No.6/F14, Bldg. 9, North Bank Sun Town St. No.1, Jiangbei Dist., Chongqing, China
    JOIN US